-
July 19th, 2005, 01:50 PM
#91
Inactive Member
I can't believe no one did anything to help, what is it about these diseased little dickweeds that people are so intimidated by?
Hope your friend is ok
-
July 19th, 2005, 02:13 PM
#92
Inactive Member
People ain't intimidated, which is probably the prob-
lem. Chavdom is so derided nowadays, that all these
once big Burberry fishes in a big city (swanning
about thinking they look like the Beckhams), are now idiot
Burberry ponces clad in laughable cheap gold courtesy of
Cash Generator. They feel like a sub-species so
they don't care what they do anymore? Disaffected
youff, and all that.
Socio-cultural depersonalisation, as some psychol-
ogists coin it.
It's a 'chavesty' I tell thee. LOL!
My friend's okay, yeh. The police did fuck all,
of course, even though there's a fresh spate of
muggings on the loose - 'the CCTV camera was pointing
the wrong way' - but that's Hull police for you.
D.
<font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 19, 2005 11:36 AM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>
-
July 19th, 2005, 02:53 PM
#93
Inactive Member
I fucking hate the place with a vitriol. I never realised how much negative energy and resentment exists there until I escaped it. Look at poor old Schmian, he puts on a gig of a semi legendary band like Vain in a city of 300.000 people and just about scrapes 3 figures, the poor bastard. Then people whinge there is nothing to do. As Johnny put in his Christmas card to me, Fuck em all... and I really do mean THEM ALL.
-
July 19th, 2005, 05:10 PM
#94
Inactive Member
In Schmian's defence, aside from London (600+) and
Rock City, the Vain tour was surprisingly under
populated. The average attendence was on par with
what RR used to pull in at the height of their
powers - i.e. 200 or so.
A lot of these erstwhile glam-gods seem to be
suffering the same fate, though. People like
Mike Tramp, Enuff Z'Nuff (et al.) struggle to
pull in more than 200 or so - which is surprising
to me, because I would have thought that their
present audience (retrospective 30somethings)
would be quite a loyal demographic, if only be-
cause of their halcyonised disposition. Motley
Crue can still seemingly pull in the punters, but
their music is no more worse or better than their
peers'. Maybe it's just a question of marketing
budget?
D.
-
July 19th, 2005, 07:51 PM
#95
Inactive Member
That is exactly what it is.
-
July 20th, 2005, 03:30 AM
#96
Inactive Member
Hull always strikes me as a city that constantly under achieves, I had some great times there and met some top people who later became very good friends (apart from Hunter) Its probably a very unfair assessment, but even the Rags lyrics smack of a place that seems to have no future. It can't all be bad, can it?
Stop your sobbing Ian you know I was only joking
<font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 19, 2005 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Johnny B ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks